Why do I need a Victorian RSA?

It is a legal requirement in Victoria for almost anyone employed to serve or sell liquor to hold a certified Victorian Responsible Service of Alcohol certificate. Failure to do so can result in substantial Licensee fines.

What qualification will the RSA course provide me with?

Our RSA courses provide all students that are deemed competent with the accredited Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation (VCGLR) along with the Nationally Accredited SITHFAB002 Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol which is valid in all Australian States and Territories excluding NSW.

Do you provide the National Statement of Attainment SITHFAB002 Provide responsible service of alcohol?

Yes, our course also provides students with accreditation in the National Responsible Service of Alcohol (SITHFAB002) course, which is valid in every State and Territory of Australia excluding NSW.

Does this cover me for RSA anywhere in Australia?

Our course provides students with RSA qualifications in every State and Territory of Australia excluding NSW.

I am an international student. Can I complete the course through Best Restaurant Training?

Yes.  You can do your RSA through Best Restaurant Training.

What is a USI number and why do I need one to do the course?

USI numbers are a government initiative that records all nationally recognised training for individuals (including overseas citizens on a working holiday visa). This means that any nationally accredited training that you undertake (like ours!) is all recorded in one spot enabling you to log in and find all of your qualifications and student transcripts in one central location. Your USI number can be accessed at any time online, is free and easy to create and stays with you for life. Unfortunately, if you don’t have a USI number you won’t be able to complete our course. You can apply for a USI number for free here and do some further reading in regards to USI numbers here.

How do I obtain a USI number if I do not have one?

USI numbers are free to obtain online for everyone. You can apply for yours in less than 10 minutes and have it emailed directly to you at https://www.usi.gov.au/students/create-usi. Just have your Driver’s License, Australian Passport, Non-Australian Passport (with Australian Visa), Australian Birth Certificate or Medicare Card on hand.

I’m not a student, do I still require a USI?

Yes, anyone undertaking Nationally accredited training in Australia requires a USI. You can apply for a USI here.

I’m travelling on a Working Holiday Visa from another country, do I still require a USI?

Yes, anyone completing nationally accredited training in Australian requires a USI. You will need your Non-Australian Passport and Working Holiday Visa details to complete the process here.

How do I pay for the course?

We accept Cash or Card payment at the course. No need for upfront payment.

Do I need to get to the course early?

We ask that you arrive 20 mins prior to your course commencing to complete registration.

Is there a dress code?

We don’t have a dress code, we just ask that you are dressed neatly or in what you are wearing that day.

Is food available?

We do our best to select venues offering a dinner menu for students to order from (at their cost) during the break. Where there isn’t a menu on offer there is generally a vending machine or alternate store where snacks are available.

How do I receive my certificates once the course is completed?

Certificates are mailed out to students 5-7 business days following the course date.

What do I do if I do not receive my certificate in the mail?

From time to time, certificates may go missing in the mail. While we don’t experience this often, if you haven’t received your certificate within two weeks of your course date, please contact our office via email admin@bestrestauranttraining.com.

How long does the certificate last for and how do I renew it?

The Victorian RSA Cetificate is valid for 3 years and can be renewed prior to the expiry date online at the VCGLR website https://liquor.vcglr.vic.gov.au/rsa_refresher/.

I have lost my certificate.  What can I do?

If you have misplaced your Victorian RSA Certificate, you will need to contact the VCGLR to obtain another copy. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide Victorian reprints.

I have a group of people that need training, do you offer onsite training?

Our trainers travel to any location in Victoria and provide onsite training to schools, businesses and local community groups. The minimum cost is $650 for up to 10 people or $65 per person if over 10. Group sizes can be up to 25 people. To secure your booking or make further enquiries please email ben@bestrestauranttraining.com.